DEEP DISCOUNTS - SHOP NOW TO SAVE
Kelly Tire, initially referred to as the Rubber Tire Wheel Company and later on since the Kelly-Springfield Tire Company, had been started within Springfield, Ohio in 1894 through Edwin Kelly and Arthur Grant.
These days Kelly Tires may be the oldest tire manufacturer within the U.S., leading the tire industry along with over a hundred years of experience. The background remnants completely go all the way back to horse and buggy carriage wheels, and also the hundred years associated with knowledge which they've acquired since that time, the detail is shown within every single tire they create.
Kelly provides "a good deal on a great tire, " regardless of whether a person drive an automobile, minivan, crossover, pick-up, or even SUV.
Today Kelly Tires is the oldest tire brand in the U.S., leading the tire industry with over a century of experience. Kelly Tires' history traces all the way back to horse and buggy carriage wheels, and the century of knowledge that they've gained since then is reflected in each and every tire they produce.
Kelly Tires has a tradition of offering good deals on great tires. That tradition continues living on today with programs like their 30-Day Test Drive, which grants customers 30 days to really commit to their tire choice.
Kelly Tires is a part of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, headquarted in Akron, OH, which employs approximately 73,000 people in 22 countries and produces nearly 200 million tires each year.
1. Metric, or tire type, defines the proper use of the tire. For example, a "P" designation means that it is a passenger car tire. An "LT" designation is for a light truck.
2. Tire width is the width of the tire measured in mm from sidewall to sidewall. This tire width is 225 mm.
3. Aspect ratio is the ratio of the height of the tire's cross-section to its width. On our example, 60 means that the height is equal to 60% of the tire's width.
4. Construction tells you how the layers of the tire were put together. "R" stands for radial, which means the layers run radially across the tire. "B" stands for bias construction, which means that the layers run diagonally across the tire.
5. Rim diameter is the diameter in inches or cm of the wheel from one end to the other. The diameter of this wheel is 16 in. Always replace a tire on a rim with another tire of exactly the same rim diameter designation and suffix letters.
6. Load index is an assigned number that corresponds with the load-carrying capacity of a tire. Most passenger car tire load indexes range from 75 to 100, but a few carry more. You'll also find the maximum load elsewhere on the tire sidewall, both in lbs and kg. Learn more about tire load index.
7. Speed rating tells you the maximum service speed for a tire. A speed rating isn't, however, a recommendation to exceed speed limits, and doesn't indicate how well a tire handles or corners. Learn more about tire speed rating.
Kelly Tires also offers high flotation tires. You will be able to choose your tire size by entering your tire width and tire rim size within the tire finder tool.
Also known as snow tires, winter tires help provide enhanced traction in some of the most severe winter weather conditions including ice, slush, and snow when the temperature drops below 45º F/7.2º C. Other reasons to consider winter tires include:
DESIGN Most winter tires feature specialized tread compounds and advanced tread designs that help provide superior traction.
PERFORMANCE Your vehicle's starting, stopping, and turning abilities ultimately come down to the amount of traction your tires can offer on snow-covered or icy road surfaces.
SECURITY Even if you have traction control or four-wheel drive on your vehicle, these features can offer a false sense of security in winter conditions.
WINTER TIRES FACT Four winter tires should always be installed for equal traction. Installing only two winter tires can upset the balance of traction and handling of your vehicle.
THE SIGN OF CONFIDENCE The Mountain Snowflake Symbol located on the sidewall of a tire indicates that the tire meets specific winter traction performance requirements, and is well-suited for severe winter driving conditions.