Consumers must know how to properly select the tire because it is a essential part of a trailer
gear system. When replacing your trailer tires and trailer rims it is critical that the proper
size and load range be selected in order to match the load requirements of the trailer.
The following characteristics are really important and should be thoroughly checked when
replacing trailer tires.
- TIRE CONSTRUCTION TYPE - Bias Ply vs. Radial
- TIRE APPLICATION TYPE - (ST) Special Trailer vs. (P) Passenger Car
- TIRE SIZE - % of section height / section width Refereed to as 'Aspect Ratio'
- TIRE LOAD RANGE - Load carrying capacity and air pressure rating
- RIM SIZE - Diameter and width must match tire
- RIM BOLT CIRCLE - Diameter of bolt circle must match hub
Basically, trailer tire is especially designed to support
heavy loads over long distance of travel. Trailer tire failure is an inconvenience that can be avoided. Keep in mind to use the correct tires for every vehicle that you have.
If you chose the wrong one, it could also mean losing valuable profits as well as competitive prices.