- 5-YEAR/60,000 MILE WARRANTY
- AUTOMATIC POWER-DEPLOYING RUNNING BOARDS
- LOW-PROFILE INTEGRATED LED LIGHT SYSTEM – STANDARD
- HIGH-STRENGTH, DIE-CAST ALUMINUM-ALLOY COMPONENTS WITH AN ANODIZED AND TEFLON®-COATED, MILITARY-SPEC FINISH TO RESIST CORROSION
- PRECISION STAINLESS-STEEL PIVOT PINS FOR ROCK-SOLID STABILITY
- MAINTENANCE-FREE, SELF LUBRICATING BUSHINGS FOR ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE
- EXTRUDED ALUMINUM STEPS WITH FULL-LENGTH INTERNAL RIBS FOR ROCK-SOLID STIFFNESS, RIGIDITY AND SUPPORT WITH A HIGH-TEXTURE POWDER-COAT FINISH FOR MAXIMUM GRIP AND DURABILITY
- 600 LB LOAD CAPACITY (EACH SIDE)
- WEATHERPROOF, OEM-QUALITY ELECTRIC MOTORS, DRIVE SYSTEM AND WIRING HARNESS
- PRESSURE-SENSITIVE, PINCH-PROOF SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
- DESIGNED AND BUILT IN AMERICA
PROVEN TO PERFORM.
The AMP Research PowerStep™ has been vigirously tested and proved its relaibility in lengthy, real-world, driving conditions. It has exibhited impeccible performance in snow, ice, dust, mud and dirt. The light, yet sturdy running board and rugged die-cast linkage components are manufactured in the United States of America. Those components are made out of aircraft grade aluminium alloy, black-anodized and Teflon® coated for maximum corrosion protection. Precise, stainless-steel hinge points and bearings ensure smooth action. The durable electric motor is designed and tested to provide reliable operation for decades.
HOW TO SPOT A GENUINE AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP™
UNIQUE AMONG ITS COMPETITORS
AMP Research created the automatically deployed running board, so don't be tricked by an inferior competitor – There is only one PowerStep™ and it has the AMP Research name on it.
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP INCREASES FUEL EFFICIENCY
Soaring gas prices are a heavily discussed topic among today's truck and SUV owners. It is often a source of frustration due to the fact that trucks and SUVs do not get very good gas mileage in relation to other types of vehicles. Aerodynamic drag and weight are two important variables that directly impact fuel economy and truck owners are now seeking ways to reduce these factors. The AMP Research PowerStep™ can do both, yet still allow you to maintain the advantage and safety of full-length running boards that automatically deploy for optimal entry to and exit from your vehicle.
A reduction in the overall weight of your truck or SUV helps to improve fuel economy. AMP's powerful aluminum steps weigh 10-20% less than average OEM running boards or aftermarket steel tube steps.
AERODYNAMICS UNDER THE VEHICLE
AMP's PowerStep™ running boards work naturally and heighten safety and comfort while boarding and exiting your truck. They are initiated by your vehicle's factory door sensors and quickly extend when you open the door. Closing the door sends another signal to the PowerStep™ and it retracts into the rocker panels, getting rid of the drag created by conventional fixed position running boards. AMP's PowerStep™ technology has been included as a factory option since 2003.
TUCK AND RUN
Automotive News outlines the value of aerodynamics in new truck design: Ford and other manufacturers (under AMP licensing) offer automatic running boards that extend when the doors open and tuck themselves back under the body when the doors close. The Lincoln Navigator was the first to offer power running boards back in 2003, and others have since figured out that there's no need for the extra drag created by traditional steps.